CERP Reports to Congress
The CERP 2010 Report to Congress has been delivered and is now available. The report details the collaborative effort of participating agencies and their combined commitment to improve the Everglades ecosystem.
View the 3 Nov 2011 News Release (43 kb, PDF)
The Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) of 2000 (Section 601) and the Programmatic Regulations (2003) require the secretaries of the Army and the Interior to jointly submit a report to Congress on the progress of CERP implementation every five years. The report notes accomplishments in areas that include construction, outreach activities, new science and funding for that five-year period and what is anticipated over the next five years.
2010 Report to Congress – Final
The second of the five-year reports covers progress of CERP implementation for the period from mid-2005 to mid-2010. Highlights include:
- Passage of WRDA 2007 authorizing for construction three major CERP projects
- Execution of the Master Agreement providing the legal framework for the CERP 50/50 partnership between the South Florida Water Management District and the Department of the Army
- Execution of the first Project Partnership Agreements
- Ongoing construction of the Merritt Pump Station feature of Picayune Strand and the imminent construction start of the Site 1 Impoundment
- Installation and monitoring of the Aquifer Storage and Recovery Pilot Project, and completion of the Pilot Project Design Report for the L-31N (L-30) Seepage Management Pilot
- Sequencing of all south Florida restoration efforts including CERP in the Integrated Delivery Schedule developed through an interagency effort
- Progress on related pre-CERP Foundation Projects (i.e., Kissimmee River Restoration, Modified Water Deliveries – Tamiami Trail Modifications), and the Biscayne Bay Coastal Wetlands (Phase 1) and C-111 Spreader Canal – Western Projects, both state expedited projects
- New scientific information which is expected to improve decision making within CERP, thereby improving restoration success
- A wide array of outreach activities and products designed to inform and engage a variety of audiences including the public at large, interest groups and stakeholders
Download the FInal CERP 2010 Report to Congress:
Final CERP 2010 Report to Congress
(available November 2011)
- Main Document (5.5 mb, PDF)
- Tab C - High Resolution Version of Land Aquisition Map
(3.8 mb, PDF)
- 2 Nov 2011 - Speaker of the House Boehner Letter (25 kb, PDF)
- 2 Nov 2011 - President of the Senate Biden Letter (24 kb, PDF)
Letters to Congress:
CERP 2005 Report to Congress
The initial CERP 2005 Report to Congress covers program implementation progress made between mid-2000 to mid-2005.
Status: The CERP 2005 Report to Congress was transmitted to Congress in September 2006.
Download CERP 2005 Report to Congress:
Contacts for this page: